A BIT ABOUT US
The Edinburg Housing Authority was first established in 1949. It is a government assisted housing agency directly supervised and funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
At the Edinburg Housing Authority, we take great pride in serving the needs of low-income families and do our best to:
- Increasing the availability of satisfactory, safe and affordable housing;
- Ensuring equal opportunity in housing;
- Promote self sufficiency and asset development
- Improve community quality of life and economic viability.
To accomplish our mission, we constantly strive to expand and improve housing and related services through dedication, integrity, compassion and responsiveness to all the needs of those we serve.
To ensure affordable, equal opportunity housing and provide a safe, suitable living environment for every resident of the city of Edinburg.
WHAT WE’VE ACHIEVED
- The following developments have free little libraries at their community center. Ramirez, Lantana, La Posada, El Jardin and Albores Courts.
- EHA is preparing for their 2nd Annual 5K, after the success of their first run last year, raising a net profit of $18, 000 for scholarships.
- New books have been stocked at the libraries of each property community center.
- EHA was recognized as High Performer by HUD.
Texas NAHRO Awarded EHA the 2017:
- Best Annual Report (Medium Housing) Award
- Best Newsletter (Medium Housing) Award
- Management Person of the Year (Medium Housing)
- Commissioner of the Year (Medium Housing)
- Resident of the Year (Medium Housing)
- Maintenance Person of the Year (Medium Housing)